Apply to NLCP for the upcoming school year!
Are you the parent of 9-12th grader looking for a high-quality public, college prep high school option for your child? Look no further than NLCP!
Click on the links below to download a PDF. Then print, fill it out, and bring it in to apply, along with a copy of your transcript and discipline log (all transfer scholars.) Email email@example.com or call one of the phone numbers below for one-on-one application support, or to set up a time to come in and apply.
Don’t have access to a printer? We can mail you an application, or set up a time for you to come to the school to apply. Please share your contact info, and we’ll be in touch soon.
Here’s what to know about the application and enrollment process:
- NLCP has two campuses in the greater North Lawndale neighborhood of Chicago, both serving 9-12 grade.
- As a public charter school, NLCP is tuition-free*. There are no entrance exams to enroll at our schools. We are open to all scholars who are Chicago residents, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, or disability status. *When you come to the school to apply, our office managers can answer questions about any applicable school fees.
- Scholars who wish to transfer to NLCP for 10th, 11th or 12th grade should contact the school directly or use the applications above.
- Transfer candidates should come to one of our NLCP campuses to fill out an application with a current transcript and discipline log to start the admissions process.
- Transfer candidates must have enough credits for the grade for which they are seeking admission.
- 8th grade students/incoming freshman should rank NLCP #1 in GoCPS. (Note: Effective Aug, 2019, Class of 2023 should use the applications above and come in to finish the process. When the time comes, Class of 2024 should use this GoCPS link.)
NLCP believes that all students should be prepared for success in college, the workplace, and life. We firmly believe that the background of our students is not the determining factor in how far they will go in life.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 542-6766 for more information.
Are you a teacher or principal? Bring your students for a Class Shadow Day at NLCP!
Bring your entire 7th or 8th grade class for a campus tour and real student experience at one of our two campuses, Christiana or Collins! Shadow Days are available on Wednesdays from 9 am -11:30 am throughout the year. NLCP will provide:
- Free transportation to/from
- A light breakfast snack and full lunch
- Campus tour and real student experience
- A counselor brainstorming session
Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested, and we’ll get back with you to set up a shadow day for your scholars! Or, you can contact us directly:
- Christina Campus (1615 S. Christiana Ave.) – Call (773) 542-1490
- Collins Campus (1313 S. Sacramento Ave.) – Call (773) 542-6766
- or email Director of Recruitment, Kay Griffin: email@example.com