• Mathematics Tutor of the Year 1993
• Newcomer of the year for the ISU Men’s Basketball Team 1992
• IHSA 2008 Class 2A Boys Basketball Championship (Assistant Coach)
• Teacher of the Year 2014-15
• Athletic Director 2016 /Assistant Athletic Director 2011-2015
• Vice Chairmen of NLCP Associates Board 2012-present
• Member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc
Mathematics is best learned when students are active participants in the learning process. Learning experiences should allow students to emulate the practices of mathematics in the field. Students should justify their thinking, make conjectures, develop and evaluate mathematical arguments and proofs, work both individually and with others, build new mathematical knowledge through problem solving, engage in mathematical discussions and debates, use multiple representations to make connections among mathematical ideas, prepare write-ups of investigations and inquiries, and present findings to peers.
Department Mission Statement
It is the mission of the mathematics department to engage students in rich and rigorous learning experiences that prepare them for college and for life. Through experimentation, inquiry, critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork, students will be provided with experiences that will enable them to become effective decision makers and problem solvers in this increasingly technological world. The math department is utilizing the Illinois State Standards and is transitioning to the Common Core standards that dictate the SAT.
Honors Algebra I
Integrated Algebra II
Honors Algebra II
Advanced Topics in Algebra
Advanced Topics in Algebra with Trigonometry
Entrepreneurship and Architecture